Friday, August 9, 2013




I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding

John O'Donohue

 




 




 




 




 




 




 
 




 




 




 




 




 




 




 




 




 
Morning Musings
 
Some things you can rely on, like the ebb
and flow of water or the phases of
the Moon. Death and taxes, love
and lust, tears and longing.  Always the day
will follow night, bringing  joy or sadness
in its wake.  Beloved birds will gather
daily at each quiet calling of the dawn;
My eyes will be drawn to fields and
trees and the clouds that frame the mountain as
they scud across an ever-changing sky.
The kettle will sing upon the hob, my
dog will gaze at me, ever-trusting in
my faithfulness.  I shall drink honey-laden
tea, and enjoy a shot of sweetness
as another day begins.
 
 
Cait O'Connor
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Exquisite photos…
    Thought-provoking "musings"…
    Thank you for being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your photos Cait. There is nothing quite a faithful dog's loving gaze while enjoying honey-laden tea - sweet on both counts!

    ReplyDelete